Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot access phone- correct password incorrect

Hey yall,

I have a Samsung s5 (model number SM-G900V), and I had the lockscreen available to be unlocked with fingerprint with an alternate password. Recently, my work has required us to use Google Apps (I'm assuming a specialized MDM suite specifically for our company) for security, which would give us the ability to locate the phone if it was stolen, remote wipe it, etc. One notification the application had been giving me was that my password requires both letters and numbers (which it did), so I changed it to have a different password with both letters and numbers.

Later on, the phone locked as usual, and when I went to unlock it, fingerprint was no longer prompting me, but rather was requiring the password. I entered it correctly, along with the previous password and my Google password, yet I always get the error that "You have incorrectly attempted to unlock the phone 1 time. After 9 more unsuccessful attempts the phone will be reset to factory default and all user data will be lost." I'm down to 4 attempts remaining.

Is there a password that it defaults to when this happens? Does it default to a simple pin? I'm out of ideas, the three passwords (old phone password, new phone password, and Google password) have all been entered correctly but were unsuccessful. The password that is required here is being prompted by the phone, not the app.

I also cannot access my Google apps thing on my computer because it requires two factor authentication by sending a security code as a text to my phone, which I cannot read because it's locked like this (HA!). Even if I could access it, I don't think remote unlock was a feature of the application.

I do not want to have to factory default this thing, so if there are any other ideas, please let me know what else can be done in this situation.

Thank you in advance for your time,
    Lara

Default Re: Cannot access phone- correct password incorrect

I'd check with your IT to see if they can help.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Cannot access phone- correct password incorrect

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Sucks to be out of a phone for two days, but I'll live.