Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By petvas72
  • 1 Post By petvas72
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default iCloud email on android

Is it difficult or even possible to set an Android mail app to use my iCloud email address? I'm currently using an iPhone, but want to switch to Android. My me.com address is what I use to get all my important email.

Default Re: iCloud email on android

I'm interested in this as well. Will it push email as well?

You can use any IMAP Client with support for the idle command, that is used for push mail. Personally I have tried almost all available IMAP clients but didn't find anything that I really liked. You can try Mailbox, K9 Mail and many more. They all do the job ok.

Posted via the Android Central App
    msm0511 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by petvas72 View Post
    You can use any IMAP Client with support for the idle command, that is used for push mail. Personally I have tried almost all available IMAP clients but didn't find anything that I really liked. You can try Mailbox, K9 Mail and many more. They all do the job ok.

Thanks. I already have a mailbox acct because I tried it when it was still in beta. I kind of forgot all about it since I never really used it much. I'm pretty sure I can, but it is possible to set mailbox as the default mail app, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by msm0511 View Post
    Thanks. I already have a mailbox acct because I tried it when it was still in beta. I kind of forgot all about it since I never really used it much. I'm pretty sure I can, but it is possible to set mailbox as the default mail app, correct?
    In Android you can set every app to be default...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by petvas72 View Post
    In Android you can set every app to be default...
    I thought so. I used to read up on Android a lot more, but haven't really kept up with it. I'm interested in learning about current Android though. Now I just have to decide on a device! Currently debating M8 or G3. I know IFA is coming up though. Any thoughts on a device coming over from an iPhone 5S?

Quote Originally Posted by msm0511 View Post
    I thought so. I used to read up on Android a lot more, but haven't really kept up with it. I'm interested in learning about current Android though. Now I just have to decide on a device! Currently debating M8 or G3. I know IFA is coming up though. Any thoughts on a device coming over from an iPhone 5S?
    I had iPhones since the very beginning and the only Android phone that made me weak was the M8. An amazing device with great design, on par with the iPhone. If you are used to iPhone quality, then you have no other choice.

msm0511 likes this.