Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oditius
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Water Damage

I made a mistake of assuming water resistant meant water proof with the Galaxy s5 Active. I made some underwater videos and it started acting up. I didn't have control of the screen for a few minutes. I was finally able to turn it off and I left it there for about a half hour. I decided to turn it on again and make another video, the same thing happened. I was able to turn it off again, but this time the phone kept vibrating every couple of seconds. It was the short vibrate you feel when you turn on the phone, but it wouldn't turn on. I took out the battery and found that water had gotten into the phone. I went home and immediately put it in rice. This all happened over the course of 2 to 2.5 hours.

I was just wondering if I did the right thing and if there is any hope for my phone. Is there something else I can do?

Default Re: Water Damage

In hindsight, it would have been best not to turn it back on. But too late for that. Let it sit in rice for 24 to 48 hours and pray. Wait till then before making more choices, because the only other choice is to pay to replace it.
    Oditius (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, LG G Pad 7.0 w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    10,250 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Water Damage

I agree with the above recommendation. Let us know how it goes.