Samsung Galaxy S 4 and Note 8 WiFi Connection Problems
My daughter has a Galaxy s 4 cell phone and I have a Note 8 tablet. Both work fine with our wireless router at home. Went to a hotel this weekend, both showed as connected to the hotels wifi, but both showed unstable connections, and couldn't retrieve anything from the Internet. But the wireless on my Iphone and my daughter's Ipad connected fine.
Similar issue at my daughters college. Her Ipad connects to WiFi fine, but not her Galaxy 2.
- 08-24-2014, 11:17 PM #2
Re: Samsung Galaxy S 4 and Note 8 WiFi Connection Problems
Welcome to Android Central! I assume you tried to login to the hotel's wifi on the splash screen in the browser? If you don't login there, the device will show a connection, but won't actually have internet access.
If you did login, or if you couldn't even get to that stage, you may have had to go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap the Menu button and then Advanced, and uncheck "Avoid Weak Connections" (if that option is available).
- By orlanka in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 4Replies: 13Last Post: 09-03-2014, 01:16 AM
- By jason ring in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-24-2014, 09:24 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-24-2014, 09:18 PM
- By Djuno420 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 08-24-2014, 08:57 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-24-2014, 08:43 PM