Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By johnj2803
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth Audio like in Windows phone

I am currently waiting for my Galaxy S4 for repairs. I have that "sim cannot be detected" problem.

I am using a Lumia 520 as a back up phone. I also have experience with a Lumina 1520. So you can say I have experience with both low and high end windows phones 😊 and one thing that I really like is its Bluetooth audio connectivity.

On my android phones (S3, S4, note 3) I always pair them with my car. I cannot seem to have audio if my car is not on BT audio setting. So when I am listening to the radio and using my phone as GPS, I cannot hear the voice of the turn by turn directions. On both the lumias, amazingly, the audio goes thru the cars speakers even when I am listening to the radio!

Is there a way to mimic this behavior on my android phones?

I also like the fact that the lumias read out my messages while on BT and asks me of I want to reply, call or ignore. Even when on the radio!

Anyone?

Thanks!

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Bluetooth Audio like in Windows phone

What kind of car do you have? If it's a car with Sync, I wonder if the Lumias are more compatible because Sync is made by Microsoft.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    What kind of car do you have? If it's a car with Sync, I wonder if the Lumias are more compatible because Sync is made by Microsoft.

I have Toyotas. Both 2012. Camry and Sienna. Ubiquitous operating system on the audio 😊

Hmm, not sure. Maybe the Lumias generate the voice as a media track, and Android phones generate it as a non-media track (like a ringtone or a notification tone, which also don't go through the car's sound system).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hmm, not sure. Maybe the Lumias generate the voice as a media track, and Android phones generate it as a non-media track (like a ringtone or a notification tone, which also don't go through the car's sound system).

I notice that in my car stereos, when the phone is "speaking" the car shows my phone number as if in a call... I'm not sure what that means....

In that case, the Lumias might be generating the voice instructions as part of the Phone Audio (Bluetooth usually has options for Phone Audio and Media Audio).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

In that case, the Lumias might be generating the voice instructions as part of the Phone Audio (Bluetooth usually has options for Phone Audio and Media Audio).

Gotcha! Thanks

Is there a way to do this on android as well? If I remember correctly I have both options checked on my galaxy phones.

Actually, reviewing this thread, it sounds like it may have more to do with the car's Bluetooth technology: Voice Navigation Not Coming Through Car Speakers
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

But how come it behaves differently between the two platforms?
    tapatalk on my nokia 520

Must still have something to do with a difference between the two platforms in how they interact with Bluetooth devices. I wish I had more details!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I really hope there is a setting we can tweak!

Anyone else?
    tapatalk on my nokia 520