Galaxy S4 Camera/Screen Issue!

A

AC Question

Hi all,

My new Galaxy S4 (purchased last Friday from Future Shop, on Virgin network) has some issues with it's camera/screen. I discovered this today. Sometimes, when I open the camera, (it doesn't matter what mode I'm in. Auto, Panorama etc...) the camera will go black and the screen will turn off. Then it will turn back on and everything is normal again. Then, that only lasts for about a second then the screen turns off again and the whole thing repeats.

Um. I don't think this is normal. Should I return it back to Future Shop? What will they do? Give me a new one? Or will they send it to Samsung? Will they accept my defective phone? This doesn't ALWAYS happen but it happens once in a while.

I already applied a screen protector so will they give me another one if they replace/exchange it?

Thanks!

(I'm in Canada! :))

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the screen ever black out elsewhere? Do you notice it black out if you look away from the phone? If that's the case, make sure Smart Stay isn't on. It tracks your eyes, and will dim the screen if you look away, and keep the screen bright if it detects that you're looking at it.

But if the phone is brand new to you, I wouldn't waste much time fiddling with things. Bring it back to the store and ask for a replacement. It probably depends on the Future Shop's return policy, but it's usually around 14 days. If you can show them the problem, I would guess they'd just give you a replacement right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz