Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Automatic deletion of Photos from S4

Hello,

I had 1000+ photos in my Samsung S4 mobile. I do not have any SD card in my phone. Every thing is stored in phone memory only. Yesterday I noticed Only last 7 photos are present , rest of the photos vanished from Camera folder ( main folder ). However the few photos present in other folders are still there. How can I retrieve the photos that were automatically deleted. I have not deleted them for sure. Please suggest some solution as it is very urgent for me.

Doita

Default Re: Automatic deletion of Photos from S4

Welcome to Android Central! Do you recall any recent random reboots, or other odd behavior? Have you used a file manager app like ES File Explorer to search the /DCIM/Camera folder as well as other folders, to see if you can locate the photos?

Open the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon), swipe in from the left, and scroll down. Tap Trash. Do you see them there?

Go to Settings>Storage. Does it list a large amount of storage taken up by Photos? If so, then they're probably still around somewhere. If not, then they are probably gone. Trying to recover deleted photos can be very difficult. Recovery programs typically require root, and cannot guarantee success. Experts from the Android Central editorial staff have suggested DiskDigger.