Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Nexus 4 Heating/and Frequent Network Disconnects when using No-Root Firewall.

Hello All -

I have Nexus 4 which is not rooted.
    Version is 4.4.4.

I tried using NoRoot firewall and Mobiwol firewall as well. In case of both the Firewall applications, the moment I activate the firewall following two things starts happening:
    1. Every few seconds Network gets disconnected(every 7 or 10 seconds) and then connects again automatically. This cycle goes on till the time Firewall is active. Once I stop the firewall, network remains constant as usual and no issues.

2. Phone starts heating up, and temperature comes down when I deactivate the firewall.

I tried using these two firewalls on other Android phones, and everything seems to work just fine. Phone does not get heat up and there is no network disconnects.
    I understand it is not firewall but creates VPN connection but frequent network Disconnections is a major issue for me.

Is there something that I can to troubleshoot this issue of mine to use either of these No-Root kind of Firewall applications without frequent network disconnects and heating problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Many Thanks,
    Saurabh Khanna.