Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 3 Post By mumfoau
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default New LG G3 - can I create different notification sounds for phone, email and SMS?

I had a Samsung and in the app settings for phone, SMS and email i could change the notifications. Any way to do that with the LG G3. My phone is just beeping and beeping and I can't tell which is which!

Global Posts
    30,949 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: New LG G3 - can I create different notification sounds for phone, email and SMS?

Yes. In each app there should be a settings option that will allow you to change each notification sound. I don't have a G3 myself, but I can flag down someone who does.

Default Re: New LG G3 - can I create different notification sounds for phone, email and SMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Yes. In each app there should be a settings option that will allow you to change each notification sound. I don't have a G3 myself, but I can flag down someone who does.
    I've gone into setting in each app and don't see a way to change the ringtones. Do you mind tracking down an expert? thanks!

Gmail
    Settings > click on your email address and select "inbox sound & vibrate" under the notifications section click on sound to change the notification sound for gmail

Messaging app
    Settings - notifications - notification sound

Phone
    For the phone the ringtone is going to be whatever you set in the settings app then you customize the other apps as outlined above

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sadly, i'm not seeing the "notification sounds" in settings for either phone or messaging. Am i right that the settings is the series of 3 dots in a vertical row in the upper right hand corner? Any other way to get to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Gmail
    Settings > click on your email address and select "inbox sound & vibrate" under the notifications section click on sound to change the notification sound for gmail

Messaging app
    Settings - notifications - notification sound

Phone
    For the phone the ringtone is going to be whatever you set in the settings app then you customize the other apps as outlined above

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

that would be great, as i'm just not seeing how to find settings. On the Samsung, it was on the status bar (with home screen) but this is not available on the G3

Global Posts
    30,949 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Henderson View Post
    Am i right that the settings is the series of 3 dots in a vertical row in the upper right hand corner?
    Yes. Can you show screenshots of the messaging settings?

New LG G3 - can I create different notification sounds for phone, email and SMS?-android.jpg
    New LG G3 - can I create different notification sounds for phone, email and SMS?-android2.jpg
    Screenshots using the settings in the upper right corner, in both phone and messaging
    Yes. Can you show screenshots of the messaging settings?

Global Posts
    30,949 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Thanks! The messaging settings you said there is nothing about notifications or anything like that? For the phone, under general Settings>Sound, there should be an option to at least change your ringtone.

thanks for the help. Sounds like i can't set up the same sounds, etc. as the Samsung.
    Thanks! The messaging settings you said there is nothing about notifications or anything like that? For the phone, under general Settings>Sound, there should be an option to at least change your ringtone.

Not sure if you found your answer. If you're using the basic messaging app, go into your text messages and into Settings (3 dots in upper right hand corner), select Notification and then Notification Sound.

For gmail, select the envelope logo (3 bars in the upper left hand corner) and scroll down to Settings. Select your email address name and find Inbox Sound and Vibrate. Choose your sound and check off the box that says Notify for Every Message.

If you can't find your Settings in the status bar, go into your Apps/Widgets (bottom center of your main screen). In Apps, scroll through and find Settings. Select Sound -Notification Sound and choose a default.

For all of your other notification sounds, you will need to go into each individual App/Program and find the sound settings for each. Facebook should have it under App Settings but not for sure as I don't have FB.

That's all I know of so far, I've only had my G3 for 2 days. Hope this helps!

I have the LG G3 abd you can change notification sound.
    Go to your app icon on your home screen and next tap the settings button.looks like a light gray toothed gear. Next select sounds scroll down to notifications and there is where you can select what sound you want.
    Hope that helps
    Richard

Is there a way to set up different notification sounds for each individual contact. That way I can tell who's texting by the sound.

Global Posts
    30,949 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by shortsubject View Post
    Is there a way to set up different notification sounds for each individual contact. That way I can tell who's texting by the sound.
    Welcome to Android Central. You can set up different Ringtones for phone calls, but I don't believe for text messages.

I had the same problem and called LG. the phone needed to be reset for whatever reason. turn off the phone. take off the back cover, remove the battery and pull the sim card out for about 5 seconds. return everything to its place and restart. worked for me.

I had the same problem and called LG. the phone needed to be reset for whatever reason. turn off the phone. take off the back cover, remove the battery and pull the sim card out for about 5 seconds. return everything to its place and restart. worked for me.

Also, be sure to recognize that the "Notification Sound" in the phone's main setting is referring to any number of notifications the phone will send you you regarding updates and such. It is NOT text messages or email messages. Those are to be found in the settings of those particular apps when you click on them.

You just go to your internal storage and go to the file where whatever music you want for your notification and hold down on it until the options pop up and select move and it will take you back to internal storage so click it again and go to the notifications folder and move it there and the when you go to settings then sounds and click notifications your song will now be an option to pick

there is no way to set a ringtone for different callers or notifications. Thats one thing that sucks about this phone. I have one paid 149.00 for it and i might return it. Hope this helps

Hi All,

I've had the same problem with my LG G3 Stylus - No sound notification when a message is received but a pop-up appears.
    Here's the fix:
    Settings > Sound > Apps > look for messaging > uncheck or deselect "None" - (Show no notifications from this app)

Thanks. I have a similar issue, but how do i go to internal storage?

"You just go to your internal storage and go to the file where whatever music you want for your notification and hold down on it until the options pop up and select move and it will take you back to internal storage so click it again and go to the notifications folder and move it there and the when you go to settings then sounds and click notifications your song will now be an option to pick"

Thanks. I have a similar issue, but how do i go to internal storage?