Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default how to unlock sg5?

What is alternative phone password? I don't know how but i swich on Protection of children. Or something like this. And now i can not do anything. Just answer. How to unlock my phone?
    Thank for answer :-)

Global Posts
    30,884 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: how to unlock sg5?

I am not sure how to help, but you can try posting your question here: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is alternative phone password? I don't know how but i swich on Protection of children. Or something like this. And now i can not do anything. Just answer. How to unlock my phone?
    Thank for answer :-)

so, first you have to go to the google play store (on a computer) and install the android device manager, that is by google, remotely.
    then go to the android device manager login (you can google it because I don't have enough posts yet to post links) and press the "lock" option.
    that gives allows you a the ability to set a one time unlock code.
    once you set the unlock code through the device manager, unlock your phone with that passcode that you just set.
    then immediately go to your settings and look for the "fingerprint" option.
    open that and look for "change alternative password" open that and enter a new alternative password (something easy for you to remember)
    THEN (yes there's more) you need to re-enable the fingerprint mode (if you had it previosly set) by selecting "screen lock" under the same "fingerprint" menu.
    re-enable fingerprint mode by swiping your registered fingerprint.