Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Huawei G510 - Can No Longer Move Apps to SD Card!!!!

Hi All

I have an Huawei G510-0100 running Android 4.1.1 which I have rooted successfully.

One of the first things I did after rooting was install AppMgr III and move some of my moveable apps onto my 32GB SD Card. This worked fine and the phone was working well for a few weeks.

However, last Friday, after rebooting the phone I found that all of my moved apps' icons had been replaced by the Android icon and would no longer load. I was told that the app "could not be found". I had to re-install all of the apps onto the phone hard drive. The phone can see the SD Card in storage. I have formatted the SD Card but when I try to move an app to it it says that it "Can Not be Moved".

I have also tried a 4GB SD Card, and an alternative app, MoveToSDcard. All with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the whole point of rooting the phone was to clear up storage, and now I can't do that!!

Thanks.

Global Posts
    8,105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Huawei G510 - Can No Longer Move Apps to SD Card!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbyrne4 View Post
    Hi All

I have an Huawei G510-0100 running Android 4.1.1 which I have rooted successfully.

One of the first things I did after rooting was install AppMgr III and move some of my moveable apps onto my 32GB SD Card. This worked fine and the phone was working well for a few weeks.

However, last Friday, after rebooting the phone I found that all of my moved apps' icons had been replaced by the Android icon and would no longer load. I was told that the app "could not be found". I had to re-install all of the apps onto the phone hard drive. The phone can see the SD Card in storage. I have formatted the SD Card but when I try to move an app to it it says that it "Can Not be Moved".

I have also tried a 4GB SD Card, and an alternative app, MoveToSDcard. All with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the whole point of rooting the phone was to clear up storage, and now I can't do that!!

Thanks.
    That would mean that the sd card is either corrupt or there was a change in the storage location. This is one of the biggest issues when saving to sd. Try reformatting the sd card (FAT32) and try again. Note that if it succeeds, it likely will result in the same issue over time.