S4 having problems turning on and charging

A

AC Question

Hey guys,

I appreciate any help I can get on this topic. I've tried researching and can't seem to find a solution. Story is I bought my phone used from ebay since it is flashed to pageplus. Worked great for twoish weeks and then the only thing that changed was I used the actual s4 charger on it (2amp charger) instead of the 0.7 amp charger I had been using just fine. Next morning the phone was basically dead and I could only get it to turn on for a second or two. Since then it didn't respond to anything so I figured it was probably the charging port so I ordered a new one of those. Did not work. I then charged my battery with a wall charger and was able to get the phone to respond to the charger and got it to turn on. Unfortunately within about ten minutes the phone was super hot in the mother board area and then shut off and I have not been able to turn on since or get it to respond to charger. I have tried hard resetting and can not get the phone to respond to that either. The only other things I can think of is trying to replace the battery, though I have a feeling this will not work, or there is a serious hardware problem that will probably not get resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance