Galaxy S5 writing/deleting from extSdCard issue
I recently started having issues writing and deleting from my External SD Card on my S5. Pictures will save fine to the card, as other items that are written and deleted by app or the system. The issue I'm having, is using a, multiple actually, file manager/explorer apps and copying or moving/pasting to the SD card. I can create Folders on the card, but I can't turn around and delete them. In order to move files to or delete folders/files from the card, I have to use my PC. I've tried with multiple cards, varying sizes, and still have the same issue. Anyone else seen tjis?
- 08-25-2014, 12:44 PM #2
Re: Galaxy S5 writing/deleting from extSdCard issue
Unfortunately, this is a KitKat 'issue'. It's just how it works now with SD Card and non-system apps. If you use the stock File Manager you should be able to do pretty much anything with the SD Card contents, but when you try to use a 3rd party app, things get blocked. Android now provides read-access and VERY limited write access to these applications. Mostly, stuff they didn't create or isn't in their own app folders, they can't modify.
- 08-25-2014, 02:19 PM #3
- 08-25-2014, 02:31 PM #4
- 08-25-2014, 02:37 PM #5
- By jeffandpamsmith in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 08-30-2014, 11:54 PM
- By rtapales in forum LG G3Replies: 15Last Post: 08-25-2014, 03:27 PM
- By Leca Calzita in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2014, 02:21 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2014, 12:47 PM
- By flroots in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-25-2014, 12:02 PM