Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Nexus 5 crashed, weird white stripe on boot up screen

My Nexus 5 crashed after viewing a gif animation on Twitter.
    I attempted a reboot by pressing the power button for 20 secs. I could not get past the four color dot animation. The dots would merge, then a horizontal white stripe would appear in the middle where the animation was.
    Followed the suggestions to do a factory reset by (by now I've accepted that I will lose all data, photos, videos). Got as far as the Green Android 'Erasing...' icon ("--Wiping data... Formating /data..." on bottom left corner), but it seems now I am stuck here. I think the line below the icon was supposed to be animated to indicate that it's erasing, but it's been frozen for the past hour now.
    It seems the problem has to do whatever software that runs animation on the phone. Crashed whie viewing gif animation, the four dots, the Google erase screen.. frozen.

What to do?

Default Re: Nexus 5 crashed, weird white stripe on boot up screen

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My Nexus 5 crashed after viewing a gif animation on Twitter.
    I attempted a reboot by pressing the power button for 20 secs. I could not get past the four color dot animation. The dots would merge, then a horizontal white stripe would appear in the middle where the animation was.
    Followed the suggestions to do a factory reset by (by now I've accepted that I will lose all data, photos, videos). Got as far as the Green Android 'Erasing...' icon ("--Wiping data... Formating /data..." on bottom left corner), but it seems now I am stuck here. I think the line below the icon was supposed to be animated to indicate that it's erasing, but it's been frozen for the past hour now.
    It seems the problem has to do whatever software that runs animation on the phone. Crashed whie viewing gif animation, the four dots, the Google erase screen.. frozen.

What to do?
    Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.6 for Nexus 5, you'll find it on XDA site(just google it) ,i had my device bricked several times because of being a noob(can't post link of the toolkit,i don't have at least 10 posts)-

you download and install the toolkit ,connect the phone to the computer in fastboot mode( after you power off your device, you simultaneously long press POWER button with VOLUME DOWN), then in the toolkit window, select your device and firmware version (4.4.4), then choose to 'flash stock + unroot' with 'soft-bricked/bootloop' checked ,it will slowly download the 4.4.4 factory image and automatically flash and restore your device to factory settings, hope it helps,cheers.