Samsung Galaxy S3 Charging Issues

A

AC Question

So...I'm not even sure how to describe this. I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII, and for the longest time now, it's been behaving really erratically. It says that VZWWAVS or something has stopped. But more importantly, it seems to be losing charge at a ridiculously stupid rate. Hell, even when it's charging, it loses power! Not to mention that when I plug it into the charger, it constantly switches between saying it's plugged and unplugged, constantly flashing me that stupid error message saying that it's critically low, closing it out by itself, and then flashing it again, repeat ad nauseum.

Seriously, I am at my wits' end here; can someone for the love of god, PLEASE help me with this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See this thread about the VZWAVS service: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-vzwavservices-has-stopped-error-message.html

As for your battery issues, the battery itself might be failing, so trying a new or different battery would be helpful. Trying a different charging cable/plug may also be instructive.

It would also help if you showed us some of your battery stats. Do this:

Charge up to 100% (if possible), then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us screenshots of:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

sinovercos

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See this thread about the VZWAVS service

As for your battery issues, the battery itself might be failing, so trying a new or different battery would be helpful. Trying a different charging cable/plug may also be instructive.

It would also help if you showed us some of your battery stats. Do this:

Charge up to 100% (if possible), then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us screenshots of:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

Oh, I've definitely tried different cables, different chargers, and different batteries, so it's definitely an issue with my phone. The stupid thing finally died, so doing what you suggested is completely out of the question, not to mention that it'd take an eternity to charge to 100%, if at all...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1