Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yellmand
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 mini HDMI Adaptor

Hi, having a dizzy moment here, my husband got me a nice new phone, and i wondered how i could watch a film from my phone on my TV.
    I did here from a friend of mine that she uses a cable, but i have no idea on what to use or how to use it.
    Please help me if you can, and perhaps i may be able to join you all in the 21st century of mobile phones and how to use them.
    Thank you for reading my question
    Mandy

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 mini HDMI Adaptor

Hello Mandy, and congratulations on your new phone!

If you want to go wired, you need an MHL adapter (just make sure that it's one compatible with the S5... Samsung changed the pinout a few years ago, so older cables will not work and could cause damage to your phone). You could try this one: MHL 2.0 HDTV Smart Adapter Also, remember that these adapters need to be powered, so you'll need to have the adapter connected to an USB port, just as if you were charging your phone (it actually does charge it haha) and the video output is via HDMI, so your TV will need to support this.

Also, if you have a Smart TV, you could also stream the video from your phone to the screen via WiFi. This is made a lot easier if your TV is a Samsung Smart TV, but is doable on other brands and even on Smart devices like XBox or PlayStation.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you very much for the fast reply, now i know what i need, i shall go and buy it.
    I thought i would have to wait an absolute age to get an answer, but you are really quick.
    Cannot wait to start using my very first android, it will be a big change over from using the Brick.
    Thank you
    Mandy
    SpookDroid likes this.

Not a problem! And we're all here to help (as quickly as we can hehe). Feel free to post any questions you might have and search for those that have asked before. You never know what you might learn from other posters, stuff you might not even know you could do or how to avoid future issues that might happen.

Oh, and I forgot! You can also go wireless with a Chromecast dongle! You just plug your Chromecast into your TV via HDMI, and that's pretty much it. You can stream through WiFi from a lot of apps, share pictures, and I believe that even mirroring your screen is possible.

If you have a smart tv, you can download an app on the smart TV to cast from your phone to the TV. I have a Samsung Smart TV and it works! I also tried using a LED projector equipped with Android on board. I used an AAXA LED Android projector and a Galaxy S4 with two apps: Mirror OP sender for the Phone and MirrorOP for the receiver (so the projector or the TV). This is the cost effective way if you have have a smart TV or a projector with Android capabilities like myself. I thought I would share to see if this. I made a tutorial