Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen wont stay lit

Hello, I have a Samsung galaxy 3. Recently started feeling hot, now the screen wont stay lit unless I'm holding it down with one hand and typing with the other. Any ideas on what I need to do? I really hate to buy a new phone since I haven't had this one very long but its so very annoying. Please help! :-(

Default Re: Screen wont stay lit

Welcome to Android Central! If you don't hold the screen down, is it just the screen that goes off, or does the whole phone turn off? If the whole phone turns off, I'd wonder if the battery is failing. But if it's just the screen that turns off, the screen is either failing, or the connection has become loose. You probably need to bring it to a repair shop.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi! thank you!! The screen turns off.. sometimes it flickers! ok.. Do you think it would be worth fixing or just getting a whole new phone?

Only you can answer that! A screen repair would probably cost anywhere from $100 to $200, depending on what has to be done and where you do it. Since the S3 is a fairly old phone these days, it wouldn't hurt to get a new one, if your budget allows. Even if you're on a tight budget, there are some very good budget phones out there, like the Moto G.