Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation HTC One not being recognised by my pc

i have tried soooo many threads without any success.

i have an Htc one (not s or x just a one)

my laptop is HP pavilion 1TB touchscreen with intel core i5.

i have changed cords and this cord works fine with my bfs exactly same htc one but not mine.

i have enabled debugging. restarted both laptop and computer. checked cords. changed cords. compared settings on his vs mine. completely refreshed my pc uninstalling both htc sync. and htc sync manager. checked firwall status to see if its blocking it. also i have all software ad driver updates already on both my laptop and my htc one

tried the setting changes and everything i can find online. i am so frustrated i just need some help!

i plug his in everything works great but mine is not coming up or anything.

the only thing i cannot find is the mounting thing as a drive. but no info works for my htc one.

Default Re: HTC One not being recognised by my pc

Welcome to Android Central! Did this start after the recent slew of Windows Updates? Microsoft pushed a bad update that is causing problems with USB connectivity of Android devices. See my post here for more info: Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device

Default Re: HTC One not being recognised by my pc

No. This is a problem with something on my phone I believe. My bfs phone is identical and works fine with it. Mine is the only one not coming up at all. Nothing. not even to eject it. I need some advice on maybe a setting that I may need to change to connect it?