Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Thumbs down Note 3 lag!!!!!

Hello, I just got a Note 3 on Friday (08/22/14) and have noticed that Facebook and Instagram feeds DO NOT LOAD! It takes up to a minute if at all for pictures to show up. I have restarted my phone, I have taken the battery out, I have re-installed the apps, I have cleared the data/cache, I have turned off apps in the background, etc.)
    I have Android Version 4.4.2.
    Is it my phone or is it the apps?
    Help!

Default Re: Note 3 lag!!!!!

Well, lag and slow downloads are a very different thing

It can be a combination of things. First things first: Slow loading feeds usually mean a connectivity issue, so do a Speed Test on your phone. Is it decent enough? If so, then try playing something that you know is more data intensive than Facebook, like a YouTube video. If that plays correctly, then it's not your connection and probably not your phone. For Facebook, try logging into the web version. Does it load as slowly?

Quick things to try, are always to clear cache and/or data from each app. However, remember that clearing data means losing configuration and login data (and extra downloads if any, but in the case of these apps, that's not the case as any media downloads are kept).

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Well, lag and slow downloads are a very different thing

It can be a combination of things. First things first: Slow loading feeds usually mean a connectivity issue, so do a Speed Test on your phone. Is it decent enough? If so, then try playing something that you know is more data intensive than Facebook, like a YouTube video. If that plays correctly, then it's not your connection and probably not your phone. For Facebook, try logging into the web version. Does it load as slowly?
    Web version seems to be working okay, a tad bit slow but not nearly as bad as an app. I tried the Youtube thing, the video doesn't lag at all but it did take some time for the app to load to the point where I could look up a video. Seems like my problems have to do with apps. I have WIFI on which has every bar, as well as the set of bars next to it that are completely full. I don't feel like it's a connectivity issue.

You can have full power on your WiFi connection and still have connectivity issues. Perform a speed test and make sure that your results match whatever services you have active.