Samsung Galaxy S4 quick battery drain and premature dying.

A

AC Question

I've been seeing a lot of posts about the quick s4 battery drain and I also have that issue but I haven't seen anything yet on phones prematurely dying. Its been pretty consistent the past couple days where my phone will die around 40-50% and this is obviously an issue. The phone will usually only be able to be powered back on my plugging it in. When i plug it in immediately after it dies it had gone from 40-50% down to around 5-10%. I've had my phone for about a year and have only started to have this issue for around a week. Anyone got any suggestions for this?

Thanks

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Is your battery life bad as well? Or is it just the premature shut downs?
I'd try charging the phone up all the way, draining it to 0% and charging it fully again. That should calibrate the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

bellows18

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
the battery life is poor and prematurely dying. an example of the poor battery life was this morning where it was at 100% battery at 11:00 am and already down to 60% by 1:15 when i got home from classes.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
the battery life is poor and prematurely dying. an example of the poor battery life was this morning where it was at 100% battery at 11:00 am and already down to 60% by 1:15 when i got home from classes.

OK. Take the battery out of your device, and put it on a flat surface like a table. Spin it, and if it does so freely, that means you have a bad battery and will need to get it replaced.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12