Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Use phone to access external memory without using memory on phone

I am a fitness in,structor who STILL uses CDs for each class I teach. While I don't create that many CDs sometimes there are still problems. Most instructors use their phones (iphones) and have their playlists on them. I have an HTC one x, and it is over 3 years old. I just recently started downloading songs to the phone to listen to. I just purchaces a dual sided USB drive to download my playlists to and want to access them on the phone. But I don't know how to access the drive on the phone.

Thanks!

Default Re: Use phone to access external memory without using memory on phone

Welcome to Android Central! If you don't want to transfer the music directly to your phone's internal storage, or stream it over the web, then you'd need to get an OTG (On The Go) cable to connect to the USB drive. See this article: USB On the Go - HTC Blog

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.