Use phone to access external memory without using memory on phone
I am a fitness in,structor who STILL uses CDs for each class I teach. While I don't create that many CDs sometimes there are still problems. Most instructors use their phones (iphones) and have their playlists on them. I have an HTC one x, and it is over 3 years old. I just recently started downloading songs to the phone to listen to. I just purchaces a dual sided USB drive to download my playlists to and want to access them on the phone. But I don't know how to access the drive on the phone.
- 08-26-2014, 01:14 AM #2
Re: Use phone to access external memory without using memory on phone
Welcome to Android Central! If you don't want to transfer the music directly to your phone's internal storage, or stream it over the web, then you'd need to get an OTG (On The Go) cable to connect to the USB drive. See this article: USB On the Go - HTC Blog
IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
- By 8692 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 12-24-2014, 12:40 PM
- By draftpeppin in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 3Last Post: 08-31-2014, 06:32 AM
- By NoodleEatinGook in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 01:22 AM
- By Easton091 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 08-25-2014, 06:55 PM
- By katrina1214 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2014, 06:51 PM