Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy Rush SPH-M830 memory/storage issue

Hello, in recent months my phone has become more and more sluggish, freezes on application tasks and such... so I assumed I had too many apps or too much data in general on the phones internal storage. However, after uninstalling some things and clearing all i could from memory it still says its near full... and looking at it in windows says the same: 32mb free of 1.82gb

But... with both "show hidden files" and "show protected system files" enabled, and selecting all content on the internal memory the data totals only 409mb

So I would assume something is stealing and allocating space as used... How can I fix this.. or at least find out what is claiming the space? any help is appreciated.

Global Posts
    23,144 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Rush SPH-M830 memory/storage issue

I found specs on your phone on the net. But I would like to compare them to what your device says. Can you post a screenshot of your storage stats, please?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Actually that does no good, on storage settings screen every field says calculating to no end, applications, pictures videos etc.. all i have is this from the windows end:

Samsung Galaxy Rush SPH-M830 memory/storage issue-phoneproperties.jpg Samsung Galaxy Rush SPH-M830 memory/storage issue-dataproperties.jpg

Edit: The storage screen in settings>storage Does say 1.94gb as the total on-board memory, and 132mb as available memory. But the rest just...calculate, with operating memory being so low it may calculate by time I wake up in the A.M. lol
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Spam much?

Not those storage screens--it's more helpful to see the Settings>Storage​ screen on your phone.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    The storage screen in settings>storage Does say 1.94gb as the total on-board memory, and 132mb as available memory. But the rest just...calculate
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

bump. Hasn't anyone seen this happen before? I have really given all the information I can. I can't seem to take a screenshot with this phone, despite using home+power/lock buttons simultaneously it just doesn't take one. However theres no further information there than that I have stated

Ok, try booting into Recovery Mode as shown in this video:

Then use the volume buttons to highlight Wipe Cache Partition, and press Power to execute. This won't erase any personal data. When complete, highlight Reboot System Now and press Power.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I did this to no avail... no changes