Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Brad Steele
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is a good Qi Wireless charger?

I just got my Qi pad/sticker today for my LG G3 because sellers are annoying and they don't give it to us stock but thats a story for another time.

Well the title says it all....What Qi wireless chargers are good and won't break the bank?
    Plus if it stops charging when my LG G3 is full that is great!

Thanx

Default Re: What is a good Qi Wireless charger?

Welcome to Android Central! I have a Zens that I got from ShopAndroid.com, and an LG that I got from IceMonkey.com, I think. They both work well.

Check out daily deal sites like 1sale.com, DailySteals.com (which also includes IceMonkey.com), and Woot.com. I often see decent wireless chargers offered there for around $20, from brands like LG, Nokia, and Incipio.
    srkmagnus likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ill go check them out, Thank You!

Global Posts
    9,835 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Zens works great! I also have a Nokia charger that I got on sale from AT&T. Let us know what you get and how you like it.

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

The TYLT VU is a little pricy, but it's dropped from about $100 to $60 on Amazon.

The design is unique because it's a desk stand that holds your device at a 45 degree angle. Because it's a stand, I also find it easier to get the phone positioned over the charging coils.

I justified the price to myself because I've bought charging docks at about $75 a pop for my last several phones and they've all turned into e-waste when I upgraded.

The TYLT should work until Qi2 or some other charging standard comes along.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benji999 View Post
    What Qi wireless chargers are good and won't break the bank?
    This Nokia charger is $18 on DailySteals.com, with free shipping: DailySteals

As soon as the Web page loaded. Is this a trusted site? What should I look for when choosing a Qi charger?

Lg0Gpro_2_AC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is a good Qi Wireless charger?-7383.jpg  

I've never had an issue with DailySteals.com. I check them all the time on my Nexus devices and my Chromebook. What happens if you just go to DailySteals.com first, instead of the direct link I posted?

I clicked the link you posted and got "can not open this forum/topic thread in app" message. So I entered it manually in browser bar.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

Turned out to be a cookie issue. Lol. That site has some pretty good stuff.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Zens works great! I also have a Nokia charger that I got on sale from AT&T. Let us know what you get and how you like it.
    Got the ZENS today but I keep getting a slowly charging messing no matter where I place my G3.

Posted via Android Central App

Just got a cheap charger MC02A. It is charging, ... but only in a very narrow spot. As soon as I move my phone on the pad for a few millimetres, the charging stops.
    My hope eas that I will be able to place my phone on the mat without much positioning. For example, in the bedroom, just before going to sleep, I don't want to fiddle with the position to find the exact spot.
    Is my requirement realistic? Are there any better Qi chargers, which don't require accurate positioning of the phone? Or, should I rather wait for a new standard on Qi?

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    9,312 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Most of them allow about 3-4 (an inch or so) cm variation of placement but, remember, the phone and the charger form 2 coils of a transformer, so they have to be in pretty good alignment for power transfer. It's not the charger or the standard, you'll have to wait for someone to invent new physics.

Try placing the phone at right angles to the charger - I find that gives just a bit more "wiggle room".