Fingerprint alternative password lost problem Samsung Galaxy S5

RayTomes

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I have read all of the posts in the previous thread titlled
need-help-changing-my-alternate-pass-code-but-forgot-original-one
and none of the solutions in them work for me.

Here is what happened - my phone kept turning on in my pocket and ran up a big data bill (I don't have data plan) so I decided to implement the fingerprint log in method. OK, it works but sometimes takes me 2,3,5 or more shots and it annoying makes you wait for 30 secs after 5 attempts. So I decided to use some other way to log in. Unfortunately the thing called "alternative password" is not actually that, it is the master password. You cannot change anything without it even though your finger gets in to phone.

I can do this as suggested ...
1. settings
2. finger scanner
3. any of fingerprint manager OR change alternative password OR screen lock

they all require knowing the password.
even though at 3, fingerprint manager allows a fingerprint scan as alternative to password, when it is done the whole settings window just vanishes.

I don't want to do a factory data reset (I assume that would fix this) because that is a big job putting everything back.

HELP!

RayTomes

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
According to local Samsung, only a total wipe of everything on mobile will get out of this situation.

I just want to say that calling something "alternative password" when it is actually a master password is making far to light of it. It is bad design also as the phone knows that it is me because I sign in with fingerprint. This morning I got a new record of 23 attempts before I could get in. Extremely annoying.

My advise is do not use this feature. Or, if you must then record password in a very safe place.

Tabatha Huntsman

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I could not get my finger print to unlock my phone and apparently forgot my password or the phone forgot it but either way I am locked out of my phone and cant get it. Was you able to find a sollution to your problem. I have turned it off and back on again. i have also taken the battery out for a bit and nothing helped. i was trying to get it to go back to the finger print scan with no luck. Do you have any suggestions?

RayTomes

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I typed my password in many times and other possibilities. One time it worked. I am sure that I did that password a number of times before. I immediately got rid of fingerprint login. KLeep trying, you too might get lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678