Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Shortcuts for music etc on the PIN screen

Hi
    I recently switched phones. When using any music app (Google Music, Amazon MP3 Player, blinkbox, Soundcloud) on my old phone I used to get shortcuts on my PIN screen with skip forward, skip backward and play/pause keys when using one of these apps. Now on my current phone they arent there, and I have to unlock the phone just to skip or pause a track. Is there a way to force them to appear on the PIN screen?

Thanks

Default Re: Shortcuts for music etc on the PIN screen

Do you have a Samsung phone by any chance? If so, it's a conscious decision on Samsung's design. If you use a secure lockscreen, you can't have lockscreen widgets at all, because that kinda defeats the purpose of a secure lockscreen, being able to access any data from a widget. You should still be able to pull down on the notification bar and have your music player available there, if it has notification controls (which most players do).

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Hi
    No, its an Alcatel.
    I had the skip, skip back and play/pause keys on my last phone but wasn't able to swipe down from the notifications bar.

I haven't owned any Alcatel ones, but I suppose that if Samsung made that choice, others might have taken the same route as well.

If you set your lockscreen to a non-secure one, like swipe to unlock, do you have the lockscreen widgets?

Can you see the controls in your notification bar at least?

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Slide to unlock doesn't offer any lock screen shortcuts either. There are notifications in the var, bytes cant access them without unlocking the phone