Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 Power/lock button is loose. Can it be repaired?

LG G3 Power/lock button is loose. Can it be repaired?-img-20140826-wa0007.jpgHello,
    I have purchased an LG G3 recently and I realized that the power/lock button is loose and wobbles. It hasn't affected performance and is completely functional but the rattling sound it makes is annoying. I realized that there these 2 screws under the camera that are located at the end of each volume key and I was hoping if anyone would know if I could manage to adjust the keys maybe set them in place or something to have the power button in a more stable placement. I live in the middle east and I cannot return the phone so please any solution that I could do myself would be highly appreciated. I added a picture of the screws I was talking about. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Default Re: LG G3 Power/lock button is loose. Can it be repaired?

I imagine there is a spring of some sort under the power button. If you proceed, and find a broken part, what will you do? Disassembling may also void the warranty. Could you not seek advice from a friendly repairer?
    I notice that you have removed the plastic sticker from the buttons. If you still have it, try sticking it back on, or use a piece of adhesive tape....a poor repair, but a safe one, which ought to stop the rattling.
    Disassembling may be safe enough and may fix the problem very simply, but think how you would feel if it made things worse.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Would the only way to access it be by dismantling the entire phone or would those two screws get me to the button itself and no need to remove anything else? If I found something broken I'd take it to a repair shop as in Lebanon warranty only covers screen damage not minor inconveniences

Looking at the picture, it does look as if the plastic housing surrounding the buttons and camera lens would come off with no difficulty. If you decide to proceed, try just loosening those two screws to see whether the plastic housing can then be moved a little. If it does move, you could unscrew fully and remove it, but take care that there are no springs inside which might fly out, and proceed carefully so that you can see the exact layout of parts underneath. Quite possibly, however, what is underneath will be fairly simple, but better safe than sorry.

I wish you every success!

Posted via Android Central App

I just got my LG G4 about last week and I have the same problem with the volume up/down and power button. Like you said, it still works fine but it's really annoying, I'm going to Verizon sometime soon to see if their is a way to tighten the back buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Grosklos View Post
    I just got my LG G4 about last week and I have the same problem with the volume up/down and power button. Like you said, it still works fine but it's really annoying, I'm going to Verizon sometime soon to see if their is a way to tighten the back buttons.
    Welcome to Android Central and good luck with your G4.

Posted via the Android Central App