Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default moto g won't save contacts

I can't find anything that will explain this, basically I'll add a contact to my phone, give it a minute then the contacts gone after that and I'm just back with the number in my text app, in this case hangouts, if anyone has an answer to this cause its really odd, thanks for reading!

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,293 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: moto g won't save contacts

Quote Originally Posted by dan123287 View Post
    I can't find anything that will explain this, basically I'll add a contact to my phone, give it a minute then the contacts gone after that and I'm just back with the number in my text app, in this case hangouts, if anyone has an answer to this cause its really odd, thanks for reading!

Go into system settings > accounts > Google. Make sure contacts is sync'd. Also, go back into system settings > applications > sort by all > Hangouts. Clear the cache and see if that helps.

Let us know if you have further questions.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Contact syncing doesn't seem to be working, I also cleared the cache and still nothing

Are you saving your contacts on the people app?
    Try going to the people app > contacts to display and check that your google account is selected.

Exclamation Re: moto g won't save contacts

The answer from srkmagnus helped me to get to where the problem is, but not how to solve it. In my Google account Contacts has an exclamation symbol, and a message at bottom of screen which says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be working again shortly." But nothing seems to be happening, and the problem of my Moto G not saving new contacts has been going on for months since September - it says "last synced 05/09/2015."

Dan, did you ever sort out your problem with contacts not saving because that's my problem too?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Peake View Post
    The answer from srkmagnus helped me to get to where the problem is, but not how to solve it. In my Google account Contacts has an exclamation symbol, and a message at bottom of screen which says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be working again shortly." But nothing seems to be happening, and the problem of my Moto G not saving new contacts has been going on for months since September - it says "last synced 05/09/2015."
    I've got the same problem. Tried all the suggestions and none work. Just won't sync.

Dear,
    Is there any other option or how to save a contacts in my phone memory when there is no internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by grace75 View Post
    I've got the same problem. Tried all the suggestions and none work. Just won't sync.

I have the same problem on a moto G3 and it's driving me nuts. Doesn't matter where I add contact be it in contacts, outlook, or WhatsApp a minute later it's gone

Having the same issue... I'm pretty it's because I dont want to save my contacts in google and am trying to use Outlook instead. Can someone please help me fix this issue?