Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen turns on when I unplug phone

Something that has begun to annoy me about my gs3 is that every time I unplug it, my screen turns on. If I want the screen on, I'll press the power button, I don't want it on automatically. I can't find a setting that would allow me to change it... Any ideas?

Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Screen turns on when I unplug phone

That feature may be baked into the ROM. Might have happened with an update. As for turning it off, the only thing I can think of is to root and install Xposed Framework, and even that might not work (I can't remember if there is a module for doing that).

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

If you're referring to what happens after you pull the USB connector after you've finished charging, that's normal. All the phones I've had have done it. It's harmless because you can either turn off yourself, or let it turn itself off after the screen timeout period has elapsed...in my case, 1m. Have you got your screen set not to time out perhaps?

Oops posted same moment.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Screen turns on when I unplug phone

If you're not rooted and don't have a custom ROM installed, then that's standard behavior and there's no way to turn it off (I don't like it either, as well as the fact that when the battery is 100% charged, it will also turn the screen on, or when you're about to go below 5%, when you need to save battery the most, IT GOES ON TO POWER ON THE SCREEN!). So yeah, annoying, but the way it works. Like Golfdriver said, there might be ways to turn it off with a custom ROM or the Xposed thingy.

Both Golfdriver and I have forgotten to say, Welcome to the forums! Golfdriver is probably busy, I am just forgetful.

More same moment posting.

Posted via Android Central App