Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default problem with sim card

I took my SIM card out of my samsung galaxy s4 and put it in my new samsung but the SIM card comes up "invalid SIM card"Network locked SIM card inserted.. what can I do to fix the problem? thanks

Global Posts
    9,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Welcome to AC
    What device are you putting it into? Are they both devices from the same carrier?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: problem with sim card

It's the same phone samsung s4,I bought it off a guy who said it was unlocked.When I put my SIM card in it and turn it on "SIM network unlock PIN" comes up. He said the PIN was 6 sixes but when I tried using the number he gave me to unlock it doesn't work..

Global Posts
    9,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jscow View Post
    It's the same phone samsung s4,I bought it off a guy who said it was unlocked.When I put my SIM card in it and turn it on "SIM network unlock PIN" comes up. He said the PIN was 6 sixes but when I tried using the number he gave me to unlock it doesn't work..
    Then it sounds like he is giving you the incorrect pin. Where did you buy the phone?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

from a private seller,he bought it from Future shop...So I can't do anything until he gives me the correct PIN to unlock it?

Global Posts
    9,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jscow View Post
    from a private seller,he bought it from Future shop...So I can't do anything until he gives me the correct PIN to unlock it?
    It would seem so. Is there any chance you could get your money back? Seems odd that he would be giving you an incorrect pin on purpose.

I haven't reset my other phone but I guess that wouldn't matter or would it..when I put my SIM card into another phone?