Galaxy S3: Active Call Screen

OkayAndriod

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have customized so much about my phone, but one thing I cannot seem to customize is the call screen that is used WHILE I am on a call. This is how it looks:

Num pad.jpg

Even uglier is the screen that pops up after I've completed a call:

Call ended.jpg

^Yuk - it looks like baby food.

Now I have tried called ID apps and dialer apps, but none get rid of that screen that is active while I am placing a call. I'll have my beautiful dialer app ("ExDialer"), but when I send that call, it goes right to the ugly white themed screen... I'll have my beautiful Caller ID app ("Ultimate Caller ID Screen HD"), but when I answer, yup, I get that nasty stock screen.

All I want is for the theme of the active call screen to be dark like the rest of my phone, and any help is greatly appreciated.

How do I do this?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Things like that are beyond the level of theming you can achieve with the stock ROM. Pretty sure there is no way to change that screen. If it bothers you that much, you could go the route of custom ROMs that allow dark themes across ALL system apps. My current ROM has a dark theme on the in-call screen :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

OkayAndriod

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Okies, UJ95x, time for me to learn all about custom ROMs then. I see you have SlimKat 4.4.4, I just looked it up and it sure is pretty. It'll be fun to play around with.

Thanks for the help once more. Maybe you can bail me out when I fry this bad boy... hehe j/k j/k - I'll be alright. <3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Okies, UJ95x, time for me to learn all about custom ROMs then. I see you have SlimKat 4.4.4, I just looked it up and it sure is pretty. It'll be fun to play around with.

Thanks for the help once more. Maybe you can bail me out when I fry this bad boy... hehe j/k j/k - I'll be alright. <3

Alright. Just make sure that you follow instructions for rooting and flashing files to your phone correctly. Double check that everything is compatible with your device. And make a nandroid backup once you get your custom recovery installed.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Alright. Just make sure that you follow instructions for rooting and flashing files to your phone correctly. Double check that everything is compatible with your device. And make a nandroid backup once you get your custom recovery installed.

Sorry to hijack this thread but can a launcher change the overall theme like in the settings ?

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Not that I know of. You need to change your ROM for that.

Oh ok ;) i have a samsung galaxy nexus running Slimkat 4.4.4 so its just as i like it ;) BTW i have this question do you prefer dark wallpapers/themes or light and shiny ones? i like light ones;)? and love the stock nexus 5 one/kitkat one with the mountain and stuff ;)?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok ;) i have a samsung galaxy nexus running Slimkat 4.4.4 so its just as i like it ;) BTW i have this question do you prefer dark wallpapers/themes or light and shiny ones? i like light ones;)? and love the stock nexus 5 one/kitkat one with the mountain and stuff ;)?

I have the Mountain wallpaper at the moment. But just app and system themes I use dark/black. SAMOLED FTW :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang