Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Status bar notifications area problem

Hi, a few days ago I restored my phone to defafults , it is an ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Android 4.1.2. Since then, my status bar works, but there are no notifications in it, that area is frozen, I DO NOT RECEIVE ANY NOTIFICATION, no SMS, no mail, from any app, it is just frozen, I have restored to defaults, I have tested many apps that give notifications, but nothing, this area doesn't show anything, and the Setting button doesn't work eihter, but the area to switch Wifi, Bluetooth works fine.HELP PLEASE

Default Re: Status bar notifications area problem

Welcome to Android Central! How did you restore the phone to default--did you do a full factory reset from the Settings>Backup & Reset menu?

Is it only the upper left of the notification bar that remains blank? What about the upper right, where the clock and battery indicator are? If you go to the Clock app and set an alarm, do you see an alarm icon show up in the upper right?

Go to Settings>Apps>All, and pick an app like Gmail or Email. Is the "Show Notifications" checkbox checked?

the clock, signal and battery are shown correctly, IT IS ONLY THE LEFT TOP CORNER, it doesn't work, and notifications are not shown. The alarm icon works too, it is the left, where sms and mails are supossed to be displayed. "full factory reset from the Settings>Backup & Reset menu", yes, and then the problem started. Since then, it hasn't worked. Any ideas??? thx for answering

Ok, and did you check some of the apps in Settings>Apps>All to make sure the "Show Notifications" checkboxes are on?

Also, try booting into Safe Mode. This is usually achieved as follows:

1. Press and hold the Power button until the Power dialog box comes up.
    2. Press and hold the Power Off option until a Safe Mode option comes up.
    3. Tap OK, and wait for the phone to boot up again.

Safe Mode disables all 3rd party apps temporarily. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then something you installed is likely causing issues.

I did it, I booted in Safe Mode, the problem is still there. By the way, trying to fix this some days ago, I removed the file /system/app/SystemUI.apk, and I lost the UI, I was able to copy it back, using FXExplorer, but since then, when someone calls me, the phone automatically hangs up, I can see the call in logs, but it doesn´t ring, and when I try to add a new contact, it says Phone-Only(unsynced), it didn´t say unsynced before. So I can´t get calls, I have to call back everyone, any idea of what it could be, I have restored to defaults, but both problems keep showing. Don´t know what to do

Oh, I didn't realize you were rooted. I don't have any experience with that kind of modification, sorry!