- 2 Posts
GPS Signal Lost on Samsung Grand 2
Every time I use Google Map for Navigation , I get "GPS Signal Lost" message after few seconds of starting my navigation.
I am ok Android 4.4.2 KITKAT version, Using Samsung Grand 2 smartphone.
If anyone has seen this issue and knows the fix , please let me know. I will be very grateful.
- 03-14-2015, 11:45 PM #2
Re: GPS Signal Lost on Samsung Grand 2
I've not only seen it, I've had it, so I had to find the fix. It's from a Youtube video, but the 10 minutes or so boils down to:
Open the phone, as if you were going to make a phone call and dial -
*#9090# -- Diagnostic Configuration (*#197328640# if that doesn't work)
Menu, select Key Input, enter Q
Menu, select Key Input, enter 0000
wait for the next menu. (It takes a while.)
UMTS->COMMON->NV REBUILD->NV REBUILD->SYSTEM->PROTOCOL->GPS->IMS
or, if you don't have UMTS:
UE SETTINGS & INFO->SETTING->SYSTEM->NV REBUILD->ALL
Restart the phone.
It locked in about 20 seconds the first time after that. (Use GPS Status & Toolbox if you want to watch the GPS receiver in action - which satellites it's acquired, which ones it's read a full datastream from, your location, the HDOP and VDOP [accuracy of the location it's giving you], etc.)
- By 1901Madison in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 4Last Post: 03-15-2015, 12:12 AM
- By srkmagnus in forum Samsung Galaxy AlphaReplies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2014, 10:57 AM
- By bongolock in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 02:10 PM
- By Bryan Desrosiers in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 11:45 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 10:28 AM