Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default 1st Generation Nexus 7

My 1st gen Nexus 7 suddenly started turning it's self off and freezing up on reboot a lot. Will be working fine then just locks up. Several of my app's have been been getting updates so I tried uninstalling them which seemed to work for a while then back to freezing up and turning off. Have tried the cache wipe,factory reset, taking the back cover off to check for loose connections. This unit has been in a Dodo case since it was purchased,has had no hard falls and I am starting to feel like this a Google built in app update issue. Any thoughts?

JW

Global Posts
    8,892 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: 1st Generation Nexus 7

Welcome to AC
    If it's still occurring after a factory reset, I don't think it has anything to do with app updates. Did this start happening after a system update maybe? Your tablet may just not have adequate hardware or it has slowed down to where it can't run the later versions of Android.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan