Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Picasa vs Gallery

Just purchased Gal 5, previously had Gal 3. Somehow I must have given permission to link picasa with gallery, now all the individual photos I have in picasa are in gallery. Any suggestion on how I can remove all picasa photos, and only have photos that showed in gallery on the old phone transferred to new phone? I only want gallery to have the most recent photos, not ones from the beginning of time. I did go under settings, and de-linked picasa from syncing, but that will only help with future photos. Thanks.
    Also, I used media organizer app on old phone and installed on new one. I've posted a question in a separate thread on whether albums created on old phone can be transferred to new one. Didn't want to ask too many questions in one post -- but if you have any ideas, please let me know! Right now tho I'd be happy just to remove the unwanted photos in gallery.

Default Re: Picasa vs Gallery

Welcome to Android Central! If you sync Picasa (which is essentially your Google+ Photos in the cloud) with Gallery, all of your cloud photos will sync and be shown. There's no way in the stock Gallery app to pick and choose which cloud albums to show. If you only want to show local albums, then you've already done the first step, which is to uncheck Picasa in the Settings>Accounts-Google menu. But the next step is usually to go to Settings>Apps>All, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery again, and give it a few minute to repopulate with the photos that are stored locally. Don't worry, "Clear Data" won't delete your local photos--it only deletes the Gallery's database, which then gets rebuilt when you open it again.