- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Swapping sim card to try new service/ Deactivate current service?
I am currently on T-Mobile postpaid with a Nexus 5. I want to try out some prepaid services that run on ATT's network. If I swap out the sim card for one of these other services, does that do anything to my current T-Mobile service? I am not ready to cancel T-Mobile while trying out these other services. Would I be able to just switch the sim cards back and forth?
Thanks for the help. I tried to search without much luck for help.
- 08-26-2014, 03:28 PM #2
Re: Swapping sim card to try new service/ Deactivate current service?
As long as the phone you're using is unlocked, you can just swap SIM cards back and forth without a problem. Every time you change your SIM card, though, it could take a few minutes for the phone to reconfigure access points and show your actual number in your "Me" contact (or whatever it's called in your specific model).
However, what you need to look out for is if the phone you're using is compatible with AT&T's network. If it supports the right frequencies, you're good to go. If not, your phone will never be able to 'talk' to AT&T's cell towers at all.
- By CGWaters in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 08-27-2014, 09:29 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 07:27 PM
- By digitLIX in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 07:23 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 07:20 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-26-2014, 02:05 PM