Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lg g2 question

I have posted this in the lg g2 forum but am looking for a little more help or info :

I'm not convinced I want to spend over £500 for a new phone ( even if I had the money ) and so am looking at the last gen of phones and the phone that sticks out for me is the lg g2, however as far as I can see in the UK only 16gb version was released here and I need it to be 32gb as 16 is just not enough any more and so the question is what differences are there between the 16 and 32 gb version mainly network bandwidths.

Also what about any updates for the phone ie, security update , android updates (4.4.3 and so on ) , will it get android l and will these affect use on uk networks .Also where would I get any updates from.

any help would be great

thanks

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: lg g2 question

The 16 and 32GB versions should have no difference other than the storage. Bands and everything will be the same as long as they are the same carrier version. It will most likely get L, but later than the G3 and other recent flagships. Unless it is unlocked, you will get updates from your carrier.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for the reply, the plan is to buy unlocked so where would i get updates from ( i presume lg themselves ??? ).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

just a little extra. I've just come across a lg g3 for £380 from a reputable source which seems to be about £80 more than the lg g2 which makes it seem a good deal or should i wait until the next gen snapdragon 805's , or the 64bit phones which will be around the £600 price or just get the lg g3 while on offer ..

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by tbgjlb View Post
    just a little extra. I've just come across a lg g3 for £380 from a reputable source which seems to be about £80 more than the lg g2 which makes it seem a good deal or should i wait until the next gen snapdragon 805's , or the 64bit phones which will be around the £600 price or just get the lg g3 while on offer ..
    LG won't release anything with an 805 anytime soon. Samsung will probably be one of the first with their Note 4.
    64-bit won't be out this year.
    For another £80, that's not a bad deal. Other than the faster updates, the G3 isn't much better than the G2 though. And yes, if it's unlocked you get them from LG directly. Faster than the carrier versions.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan