Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung s3 won't charge

reset my s3 to clear info now it won't charge or connect to pc

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Samsung s3 won't charge

Welcome to AC
    What happens when you connect it to a charger? Does it charge slowly or not at all? Does the LED light up telling you that it's charging?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

no light or sign that it can sense the cable is plugged in this same charger works on my other s3

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by donburt View Post
    no light or sign that it can sense the cable is plugged in this same charger works on my other s3
    Have you tried a different charger with the one that doesn't work?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

yes i have 4 chargers none change anything all work for the other s3

Might be worthwhile trying a new or different battery.
    UJ95x likes this.

battery not the issue both batteries charge in the other s3 this phone would charge untill i reset it

tried recover mode no change reminds me of a pc that no longer can a port

would loading latest firm ware help ?

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

would loading latest firm ware help ?
    To do that your computer would have to be able to recognize the device in the first place. If it's not booting up in any way you try it, the device is likely going to have to be replaced or repaired

it boots up fine work fine but after the reset it does not see the usb port for charging or connecting to a pc

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

it boots up fine work fine but after the reset it does not see the usb port for charging or connecting to a pc
    Oh, I see. I thought it had discharged and is no longer charging. Have you tried cleaning out charging port? You can use something like a compressed air can to clear out any debris that may have gotten inside.

yes tried electrical contact cleaner no change it was charging right before the reset it stopped in the middle of the reset had to remove battery and reset again to get back to start screen

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

yes tried electrical contact cleaner no change it was charging right before the reset it stopped in the middle of the reset had to remove battery and reset again to get back to start screen
    Hmm. Not sure what else to suggest then, as that's almost surely a hardware issue. I'm guessing you don't have insurance with your carrier?

would have thought hardware issue but find it odd that it happened at the moment i reset to factory settings could it be a firmware problem not seeing the usb port

found the port to be weak will charge if i use charger for my Galaxy tab even then have to move cable around any idea's how to replace port or clean beyond using contact cleaner i have done that 4 times

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

found the port to be weak will charge if i use charger for my Galaxy tab even then have to move cable around any idea's how to replace port or clean beyond using contact cleaner i have done that 4 times
    I found a couple if videos on YouTube but they're pretty long. You should watch one and see if it's something you think is doable for you

Thanked by: