Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help something wrong with play store

Hi I am using my sisters Nexus 5 cause she doesnt want it anymore so I reset to phone and log in to my Google account. I get into the Home page and go to the Play store to update all the google apps, but, it is empty. Nothing. I search the apps and it says "Update" on the bottom right corner but otherwise the My Apps place doesnt even know that I have the apps installed

Default Re: Help something wrong with play store

This list takes a while to update if you didn't wipe the phone clean (factory reset). Another factor to consider is that you installed these apps with a different account. They may be installed on your phone, but the My Apps section of the Play Store will show only those purchased or downloaded by any of the active accounts in the phone.

Also, if you sideloaded these apps (for instance, apps installed from the Amazon Store), they wouldn't show up in that list either.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    This list takes a while to update if you didn't wipe the phone clean (factory reset). Another factor to consider is that you installed these apps with a different account. They may be installed on your phone, but the My Apps section of the Play Store will show only those purchased or downloaded by any of the active accounts in the phone.

Also, if you sideloaded these apps (for instance, apps installed from the Amazon Store), they wouldn't show up in that list either.
    I factory reset the phone before logging in

Then that's it, the My Apps section shows the apps in your phone. If you factory reset it and didn't select the option to automatically restore downloads when you added your account, this section would only populate with any apps you manually download.

You CAN access a list of apps you've installed in the past by logging into the Play Store on a browser. There you can even initiate the download remotely onto your device.