Samsung Galaxy Centura trouble

A

AC Question

Hello,

I have a Smasung Galaxy Centura that I have had since December 2013. Have not had many issues with it until today. Today whenever I tried to send a message via text or a messaging app I got a notification saying "Unfortunately *app name* has stopped working" (replace *app name* with Messaging, and other various apps). It has progressed to the point where every ten minutes or so my phone will vibrate and give that error message for things I am not even using, such as Gmail, Email, Google Play, etc. I tried to take a screenshot and it said there was not enough storage. I have tried to remove some apps to free up space, but nothing seems to help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How much free internal storage is left? Look at the Settings>Storage screen, if you can.

A corrupt SD card can cause various problems--try unmounting it (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and then rebooting.

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video (not the clearest audio, sorry), and make sure to select wipe cache partition, not wipe data/factory reset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDe--M5mg2Y

Joey Schoettelkotte

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I tried what you suggested and at first thought it helped, but it is still doing the same thing. It is also not connecting to my wifi properly. It shows 1.04 GB open in storage, and I have uninstalled several apps and deleted many of my photos to make even more room. I do not have an SD card. Also it is no longer allowing me to open my contacts list or make calls (trying either prompts an "Unfortunatley, Contacts has stopped working" message)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps, in case one of them is causing the system to destabilize. The typical steps to get into Safe Mode are:

1. While the phone is on, press and hold the Power button until you get the Power dialog box.
2. Press and hold the "Power Off" selection until you get a Safe Mode option.
3. Reboot the phone into Safe Mode.
4. To get out of Safe Mode, reboot the phone normally. You might have to pull the battery for 10 seconds first.

If the problems go away in Safe Mode, then some 3rd party app is causing problems--you may have to uninstall apps one by one, or just start from scratch with a factory reset. If the problems persist, then there are more serious problems going on with the hardware or firmware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya