Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kcl21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Facebook for Droid Maxx

Hello, I downloaded the Facebook app for the Droid Maxx today (just got my Droid 3 or 4 weeks ago), but it's stuck. I can't log out of Facebook even though it says "logging out," and I'm frequently told my news feed can't refresh. What can I do to fix this? I've tried turning my phone off multiple times, and I also emptied the cache for Facebook under the apps section. I'm also trying to set up a Tinder account, which isn't working because it relies on a functioning Facebook account. Please let me know how to get things running smoothly again! Thanks!

Default Re: Facebook for Droid Maxx

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, select Facebook, and tap Clear Cache and also Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Facebook again, and log in again. Does it work now?

It may also be worth booting the phone into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition: Wipe Cache Partition - DROID Mini / DROID Ultra / DROID Maxx by Motorola

Thank you! I did the clear cache and data and force stop thing, but now when I go to log in, Facebook says it's unable to log in and I should check my network. I know I'm connected to Wifi. Should I just try again later? I don't understand what would be wrong with the network connection.

Given that info, do you think I should try the recovery mode option? Will wiping the system cache remove anything I'd want to keep?

Does everything else on your phone that accesses the web work okay? Like Gmail, Google+, the browser, etc.? How about if you change to mobile data?

Wiping the cache partition never hurts, and often helps. You won't lose any personal data--it's only temporary data stored by the system.

Hmm nope my Google+ isn't working. It says I've been connected, but I'm trying a different one now. What does changing it to mobile data mean?

I'll try wiping the cache partition as well.

It worked. Thank you very much!
    B. Diddy likes this.