Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default SD Card Not Supporting Anything.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core 2 smartphone. I bough TOSHIBA 8 gb micro SD card for the device. But when I transfer a music or video in the card through usb from my PC, the device says couldn't play the music/video. The same happens when I transfer an apk file. It cant install it. And when I try to save a document in the sd card or move/copy something in it, it says cant move/copy. Is this a read-only issue? Then how to fix this?

Default Re: SD Card Not Supporting Anything.

Welcome to Android Central! What version of Android is the phone running? KitKat introduced limitations to what apps can do on an external SD card--the app needs specific permissions now to read and write to the card, so I'm not sure if that's part of the issue.

Also make sure the card is what it says it is, and not a counterfeit. Run SD Insight.

It's 4.4 Kitkat. SD insight says "SD CARD IS INVAILD"

Does the card work in your computer? If not, it's either dead or counterfeit.

In computer I can copy files into it but after I put it on my phone all the Files I have copied disappears.