Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Galaxy S3 won't charge properly anymore.

So recently, I noticed that I could plug in my phone to charge and it would take 2 hours just to get from 20% to 21%, and it was quick to drain as soon as it was taken off the charger. Then it started having problems actually recognizing the charger was there, quickly switching from charge/discharge as if it couldn't decide what was happening. With my old phone, when it stopped recognizing the charger I just got a new one, but I've tried 4 different chargers with this phone and still nothing changes. Is there anything I can do to fix it, like a certain type of charger (like could I get one of those charging pad things?), a different battery or could it be the USB port? Because I noticed the port seems a little loose. Help please!

Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't charge properly anymore.

I'm no expert but I'd be inclined to suspect the battery in the first instance. Could you try another, preferably without buying in case it's not that?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't charge properly anymore.

I agree. Do you have a friend with the same phone who you can temporarily swap batteries with?

Nick

Posted via the Android Central App