Phone Soft Bricked, OS Wiped, TWRP Doesn't Install Zips Properly (HTC One SV, Boost Mobile)

True to Augustus

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I simply want to return it back to a usable state, meaning that it'll be able to make/take calls and text messages through utilizing Boost Mobile.

This has happened before, but the difference is that I was able to flash it back through TWRP. I am still able to access TWRP, but when I attempt to install .zip files -- it'll an unusually short period of time (i.e. less than two seconds) . It even tells me the installation was successful, but my phone still isn't working properly.

The problem started when my phone began to periodically restart by itself yesterday. I was able to use the contents within the phone for a short period of time until it restarted again with no input on my part. Because I wanted to fix it quickly as I needed it to be reliable for the rest of the day, I decided to clear the cache in TWRP (I'm not sure where I read this, but one guide mentioned clearing the cache). However, I think I accidentally cleared the contents of the SD Card.

Now, when my phone boots up normally, it stops at the HTC logo. When I enter TWRP, it always warns me that there is "No OS Installed" whenever I use one of the reboot options.

I've tried to acquire the .zip files of Stock Boost Mobile ROMs for the HTC One SV. I'm not even sure if I'm acquiring the right files, or if TWRP is bugging out on me. As I have mentioned before, the .zip files apparently install successfully, but my phone is in the same state as it previously was. The weird part is that it doesn't give me an error message after the two seconds it takes to "install." I do recall seeing that it was "unable to mount" /cache and /data the last time I decided to give it a try, which was this early morning (I was awake past midnight until 3:00 trying to fix this).

So, to condense this --

1. Is there any way where I could restore my phone back to a functioning state? I've done it before, and I know that I'll have to resync contacts / reinstall apps, but right now I just want to get to the stage where I can use it like any other phone.

2. TWRP isn't functioning properly. It takes an unusually short time to get things done, and it tells me that it's "successful" each time. Do I need to alter it or acquire a new recovery system?

I've been helped here before, and I'm sure this isn't the toughest question you guys have received. Thanks!

True to Augustus

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech