- 1 Posts
Lenovo tab- "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server"
Hi. I bought a Lenovo Ideatab A 1000 today. I created a hotspot of my college proxy network using my laptop, and connected the tab to it. I can browse the internet on the tab without any issue, but when I try to open play store or any other google service, it asks me for my login details, and when i enter those and click next it displays - "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server ". Also i cannot open any https site from the browser (gmail etc ). But to my amaze, when I created a hotspot using my cellular data from my phone ( not a proxy network) , the play store issue gets fixed as long as I'm on that hotspot.
I googled a lot about this issue, and mostly it is mentioned to root the device and edit the hosts file. But I dont want to root my device on the first day itself. Please suggest some fix to get over this error. Thanks
P.S. my friends can access play store using the college proxy network on their android phones
- 08-27-2014, 06:28 PM #2
Re: Lenovo tab- "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server"
Welcome to Android Central! I've never had to deal with this, so I apologize if this suggestion goes nowhere. But on your tablet, long-press the college network and tap Modify Connection. Then tap "Show Advanced Settings," and make sure the proxy settings are correct. I'm not sure if you have to enter any proxy settings that the school's IT dept gave you.
- By MrDroidi in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2014, 04:02 AM
- By Almeuit in forum T-MobileReplies: 22Last Post: 09-09-2014, 01:58 PM
- By Killa_roo in forum LG G3Replies: 6Last Post: 08-30-2014, 11:05 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2014, 09:29 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2014, 09:20 AM