Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashxx94
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question
    AC Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default New songs won't play in device music player

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. I discovered today that when I try to play newly downloaded songs in the device music player, I get an error message saying that the audio type isn't supported. I am absolutely sure that they're mp3 files, all my other music still plays, and I don't want to download a third party app. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    Are you certain they're not DRMA protected? They can still be MP3 but if they're protected, they won't play. Do the files play with a 3rd party player?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Are you certain they're not DRMA protected? They can still be MP3 but if they're protected, they won't play. Do the files play with a 3rd party player?
    This.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    OP here
    I unmounted and re-mounted my SD card and tried putting a song and playing it, but the problem persists. I'm so frustrated
  5. #5  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    Haven't tried and i don't use a third party player
  6. #6  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    Again, try playing the song on a 3rd party player. I'm sensing these files are somehow protected and not linked to your device. If you want to rule out SD Card issues, then just copy any of those files to internal memory and try to play from there.

    UPDATE: Just read your previous post about not using a 3rd party one. In that case I would first try to play it on a PC (preferably one that you DIDN'T download the song in).
  7. #7  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Again, try playing the song on a 3rd party player. I'm sensing these files are somehow protected and not linked to your device. If you want to rule out SD Card issues, then just copy any of those files to internal memory and try to play from there.

    UPDATE: Just read your previous post about not using a 3rd party one. In that case I would first try to play it on a PC (preferably one that you DIDN'T download the song in).
    I only have one computer and I have no idea when I would have access to another one. Can you recommend a good 3rd party app?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    The most versatile one is VLC player as it will play most file types. MX Player and PowerAmp are also very popular choices.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    The most versatile one is VLC player as it will play most file types. MX Player and PowerAmp are also very popular choices.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I overcame my aversion to 3rd party apps, downloaded VLC, and and tried the songs that were giving me trouble and they're working. I've found my new media player
    SpookDroid likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    Glad you got it working. You should still check the files properties, though... There has to be something awry with the format for the default player not to play them. But hey, at least you got a new player to play with IMHO VLC is not the cutest-looking app ever, but it gets the job done and it supports sooooo many formats!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: New songs won't play in device music player

    Hello saw this post and thought it might help me. So I'm trying to get my music from my computer on to my note 3 and when I Play a song it is like it's fast forwarding it. Is that what you meant by bigger bit size? Trying doc now

Similar Threads

  1. T-Mobile adds more services to Music Freedom
    By Almeuit in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 02:58 PM
  2. Netflix - cannot sign in
    By thehatguy in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:44 AM
  3. New S5 Update for T-mobile
    By medknight in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 11:44 PM
  4. How to get a new phone through best buy insurance?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 10:29 AM
  5. Google Play Store updating/installing problem
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions