Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default When I charge my battery it goes from 1% to 22% charge in like, 1 minute?

Hello, yesterday when using my RAZR D3 the battery level dropped from 27% to 12% in one second. I continued using and draining followed (normally) until 0%/it's auto-power off. When i plugged it into the charger, it battery went immediately to 12%. So I immediately let it drain again to 0% by use. When I charge it now, the battery level jump from 1% to 22%. Could any one help me? My phone isn't even 5 months old!

Default Re: When I charge my battery it goes from 1% to 22% charge in like, 1 minute?

It looks to me like a battery problem, so you may care to get it tested, or try a new one if you can do so without buying, in case it's not the battery. If it's not the battery we can take it from there.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: When I charge my battery it goes from 1% to 22% charge in like, 1 minute?

Hello belodion, thanks for your reply!
    I' kind of an android noob, being it so that i just switched from other OS to android for the first time. (since 4 months ago)
    And don't stray to much from using outside the purposes of a few popular apps/wi-fi use.
    How could/should i exactly get my battery tested? (specially it being a D3 model, wich has a non-removeable battery!)
    i contacted Motorala about it and they say they can't help right now because the system they use for cheking issues is off the grid or something. Very convenient.

I see you've joined, so Welcome!

All I meant was, see if you can find a friendly repairer who will test the battery for you on the assumption that if faulty, you will buy a new one. Or, who will try another battery, not necessarily new, but known to be good and working, in your phone.
    As you can imagine, I'd feel bad if you bought a new battery on my advice, and it turned out not to be necessary. I wouldn't advise that anyway, because of the uncertainty of diagnosis with smartphone faults!

Edit. The battery may be removable by a repairer, if not by the user.

Posted via Android Central App