File transfer FROM Standard SD camera card TO Galaxy Note 8.0??

A

AC Question

I want to be able to transfer pics from my camera's standard sd card into my galaxy note 8.0 to email them. I tried a female/female usb to connect my sd/usb adapter but the tablet won't recognize it. Any one able to help please?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: file transfer FROM Standard SD camera card TO Galaxy Note 8.0??

You could use a PC to do this. If your tablet doesn´t support OTG USB (or if the cable is defective) it won´t read the card at all. But you can connect your SD Card adapter to a PC and transfer the files from there.

PMarrow

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Thanks but the point of this exercise is to avoid taking the laptop on a river cruise. The Tablet cable seems to work for everything else. I am a bit (understatement) of a ludite so when I plugged the sd card into the sd/usb adapter and plugged that into the cable connected to the Tablet I expected some message that the external card was recognized. No such luck. I went to settings to look for something that might work but nothing twigged. So still a problem.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Maybe the problem is with the card reader. It might be that it needs to draw more power than the standard 500mA and the tablet just can't supply that (Powered USB). Does the card reader work on a PC? I'm assuming it does, I just want to eliminate all possibilities, no matter how obvious. Also, try connecting a regular USB stick on the OTG cable to your tablet. Does it recognize the external storage then? Does it show up as another drive on the File Manager?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anything else work if you plug it in? Like a keyboard or mouse? If they do work, then your tablet probably can't power the storage devices but should work just fine with 'standard' USB equipment. But if even those don't work, then there might be something wrong with the cable you have. I would then try the cable on a different tablet or phone just to check.