Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 or Samsung Galaxy S5 Active????

I'm getting a new phone tomorrow. Just recently got service and I started out with the LG Optimus G Pro (i hate this phone). I'm going to get one of the above. I just can't decide which one. When I went in to get service I was hoping to start with the Next program where you pay installments on the phone. I could only get approved on a 2 Year contract so didn't have the money at the time to get the LG G3 or the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. I would like to hear comments (if possible) before I go in on Thursday, 8/28, and get one of these phones. Which one do you prefer and why? If you had your choice out of the two, which one would you get? If you don't like either one of these, which one would you recommend off the AT&T smartphone list. I prefer Android and would like to stay with 4.4 version.

Also - Can anyone help with the difference(s) between the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active?

Thanks for your help.

Global Posts
    8,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: LG G3 or Samsung Galaxy S5 Active????

Quote Originally Posted by kel1969 View Post
    I'm getting a new phone tomorrow. Just recently got service and I started out with the LG Optimus G Pro (i hate this phone). I'm going to get one of the above. I just can't decide which one. When I went in to get service I was hoping to start with the Next program where you pay installments on the phone. I could only get approved on a 2 Year contract so didn't have the money at the time to get the LG G3 or the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. I would like to hear comments (if possible) before I go in on Thursday, 8/28, and get one of these phones. Which one do you prefer and why? If you had your choice out of the two, which one would you get? If you don't like either one of these, which one would you recommend off the AT&T smartphone list. I prefer Android and would like to stay with 4.4 version.

Also - Can anyone help with the difference(s) between the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active?

Thanks for your help.
    Take a look at reviews for both devices here:
    Galaxy S5 Active review | Android Central
    LG G3 Review | Android Central

The S5 Active is essentially the S5, but in a rugged form factor. So don't worry about any differences software wise. Let us know if you have any specific questions.

Default Re: LG G3 or Samsung Galaxy S5 Active????

What did you get?