Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Is there a way to transfer data from my [technically] broken phone?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the screen won't turn out. It's technically broken and not at the same time. I know this because the phone works [I can hear all the sounds I make when I use the touch features and the volume button works] but the screen just won't turn on.

I think I might just replace my phone since it is under warranty, but I have to ask this. Is there a way to transfer all of my data to a new Samsung Galaxy S4? I mean, I have a lot of important documents in there and a lot of my bank information is on my phone, so it's important I transfer it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Is there a way to transfer data from my [technically] broken phone?

Welcome to Android Central! You could try accessing it this way: A quick guide to accessing a locked phone with a cracked screen

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.