How can I remove bloatware?

A

AC Question

Hi there. My phone (a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Smartphone from Bell Mobility), came with all sorts of apps on it that I don't need. There doesn't seem to be a way of removing any of them. Is there something I can do? After all, I'd much rather have the apps that are important to me than a PVR controller for a service I don't subscribe to, etc. I'm sure you get the gist. In any case, with only just under 2 GB of device memory, it takes practially nothing to use it up.

Please bear in mind that I am not a smartphone expert, so please explain rather than using tech jargon.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Bloatware is not removable unless you root the phone, which I wouldn't recommend if you're a novice, since it you can irreversibly render the phone unusable if you do the wrong thing.

You can Disable most bloatware apps by going to the App Manager, selecting the app, and tapping Disable (or Turn Off). This prevents the app from opening, and can possibly free up system RAM for other apps to use.

See this guide for tips on maximizing your internal storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html